Patrolling in high heels, wigs and designer bags, Japanese black-belt policemen have been cross-dressing in a bid to beat off bag-snatchers, a report said Wednesday.The all-male squad has been deployed since last month on night patrols in central Aichi prefecture wearing skirts and stockings and carrying eye-catching handbags as bait for potential thieves, the Asahi daily reported.
So far the unit has failed to nab any muggers, the Asahi said, and Aichi police declined to comment to AFP on the report. To qualify for the special squad, police have to be young, slim and hold the top rank of a black belt in a martial art such as karate or judo, the report said.
- How are the Japanese police trying to catch purse-snatchers?
- Do you think this is an effective strategy?
- If you were a policeman, would you like to participate?
- Wouldn't it be easier to train women police?
- Find in the text synonyms for (1) catch (2) team (3) attempt