Listen to U2 singer interview superstar George Clooney and answer the questions below:
1. What is the mistaken idea, according to Bono, that people have of celebrities?
2. What does Bono admire about George Clooney?
3. What other famous person does Clooney refer to in his family? Did she remain successful?
4. What helped Clooney handle the pressure of fame?
5. According to Clooney, what can famous people not do anymore, and why not?
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
In the previous post you can listen to an explanation and the proper pronunciation of the expression faux pas. You can also call them "no-no's" or "don'ts" (often accompanied by its opposite, "do's"). Check out these travel faux pas at this website and answer the questions that follow:
First, read the faux pas here: http://www.tourism-review.com/article/1761-top-10-travel-faux-pas
Now, answer these questions:
1. Were you familiar with all of these faux pas? Which ones are common sense?
2. Why is it improper to pat (remember that word?) someone's head in Thailand?
3. Are there any faux pas you would recommend for a foreigner visiting Spain?
Posted by David Lind at 3:03 AM